An Interesting Direction

Over the course of the past few weeks, as this goal has begun to take root and grow in our hearts and minds, we have been doing a lot of research into the latest technologies, watching vlogs of other yachties and generally learning more about what we will be looking for, and while the oyster 565 is truly our dream yacht, with its well designed interior and utility room, (one of may favorite features), there are many other yachts on the water with the same or similar specifications. and at a more reasonable price! 

We have been looking into starting our journey on a smaller vessel, possibly on which has seen some use, but one that is obviously in good condition. We have been learning about how to tell if a yacht is a good find or not, and how to maintain any vessel. I have been learning about what I would want in a yacht and truly, safety, comfort and ease of sailing are paramount, but a $2.5million yacht may not be necessary to achieve this. 

In all of this research I have been listening to Christopher's experience speaking as he points out the important and the not so important features to have on a vessel. As well as those people in the know who have been and are currently living aboard their yachts.

If we had anything of value to sell up and make our move, I am sure we would do so as soon as possible, as it stands, we have our rabbit who is 6 years old, our 15 year old cat and our 11 year old Labrador to consider, as well as the fact that we don't really have anything of value to sell😅.

So, our deadline, as it were, would be when our pets are no longer with us, we would not rehome them, so we will wait until they cross that rainbow bridge... knowing the average lifespan of each of these animals, we most likely have another 6 years with them, I am aware that time is marching and I am eager to make the most of the time we have left with each of them, I am also very glad to be able to say that they are all in good health, so we may have even longer with them, but we do want to be prepared.

This week has been interesting, I have been blessed with a productive week, despite its rocky start, yesterday I was even able to walk all over town on errands which took me, in the end, to the office of Food4Futures where Christopher drove me home, the center of town is almost all downhill from where we live, so getting there was smooth sailing, but I was eager to get a lift home again, because I was exhausted. 

We had been able to go to bible study the night before, Which was Thursday, and after having spent the day with my mom, and brother, it was the perfect way to end a splendid day. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Reality

Hope for a Future