Cold Reality

There's nothing like a bit of reality to give you a reason to need something to look forward to. 

 

The weather had been proving my theory right so far, in that each day the temperature plummets, my WPI and SS increase, and the one day this week the temperature was pleasant, my WPI and SS lowered. 

 

I know that it will take more than four days to test this theory, and the data collected over the course of several years, and several locations will be more useful than the data collected in the span of four days, but this does give me hope. Besides, I do so enjoy keeping records.

 

I'll give an overview of the week on Friday, it looks like there will be a couple of pleasant days as the week wears on, so that will be nice. 

 

The joy of this small town in which we live, is that we don't really have a climate... we get weather. and it changes so much that even the weather forecast can't always keep up. 

 

Our small town is situated in a valley in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, and although it is generally sheltered from the coastal winds, being an hour and a half away from the coast, the valley catches the cold air and holds onto it for dear life when it gets here. 

 

When, in winter, you can catch the sun, it is beautiful and warm, but the biting chill in the air makes it a challenging prospect for some. 


When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure what the day would hold. The tiredness on waking was definitely present and I didn't feel very able to face the day, however, sometimes it’s necessary to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and keep on going. I was sure to record my WPI and SS and it was the highest I've recorded so far in this experiment. Everything hurts and the brain fog it slowing each thought process radically. 


It was not a pleasant way to experience the day, and I longed for the comfort of my bed and some strong painkillers. I'm home now, but I think I have to wait a little before taking anything too strong, since I took a mild painkiller just earlier to help take the edge off and get me through until now. 


We have the heater on now, warming up the room, but I know that loadshedding is imminent and that warmth will soon be gone. Hopefully the room will retain some of the heat for 2 hours, all I want now is to be as far away from this pain as I can possibly get.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Indian Summer

Navigating the World of Publishing: My Journey with 'Fire in her Eyes'