Protecting the planet.

I imagine that most boat owners and future owners have a different order of priorities that are important to them when choosing a vessel.


I have seen a lot of yachts on the hard being retrofitted with systems and equipment that could have fitted prelaunch.


Granted, many people buy preowned yachts and then fit the systems that they wish to add. There is nothing like an extended period on the water to rearrange your priorities. Yeah. That watermaker would have been a great idea. And why didn't I think about hydrogenerators?


I have the luxury of hindsight that covers most of the conditions that I am likely to experience in the future. Those define my priorities.


The most exciting developments in yachting I am seeing evolve is the push towards zero emissions.


With an eye on the next few decades I am sure there will be traditional cruising areas that are will only be open to non polluting vessels in the near future.


If you build a yacht with the current and soon to be available technology that harnesses all available sources of sustainable energy, not only will you show a commitment to the future of our planet, you will save money on running costs. And you will own a yacht with a better resale value than one relying on traditional fossil fuels for power generation and propulsion.

There are already zero-emission superyachts afloat. Zero-emmisions regardless of the power hungry demands of the people that can afford a couple of hundred million US dollars to have an ocean view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Reality

An Indian Summer

Navigating the World of Publishing: My Journey with 'Fire in her Eyes'